Why Folks Blow New Year’s Resolutions and How Not To
It’s that time again. Many folks make new year’s resolutions but few keep them.
How about calling it what it really is. Self- love. Let’s dissect this a bit. The thought behind even bothering to set a resolution is to create a condition that makes you feel better about yourself, right? Being more self-loving is the highest practice you can create to enhance the quality of your life. It must be at the top of your list. If it’s not, little else matters.
Now, let’s look at the basics at becoming more self-loving:
- Decide to be happy no matter what
- Think only empowering thoughts about yourself
- Only speak to yourself as lovingly as you would speak to a beloved child or pet
- Take 100% responsibility for everything in your life. Retire your victim
- Forgive yourself when you blow 1-4—because you will…
If 1-5 is not at the top of your list, failure is pretty much guaranteed. And, you’re still wonderful…
Happy New Year!
Please share in the comments below how you plan to practice more self-love in the new year