The holidays can be a time of mega busyness–which can result in big stress and little enjoyment of this precious and opportune heart-opening time. In reality,Every day invites you to live each moment as a priceless gift. Only you get to decide how you will live this gift. The ‘crazy-busy’ distraction holds a powerful Time-Out message for those who care to live life more enjoyably. This is what your Time-Out might look like:
- Get away. Go off by yourself to your car, bedroom, bathroom or walk in nature.
- Breathe: Focus on deepening your breath and following it as it enters your body. Breathe it down to your belly. Breathe slowly several times with focused awareness. This simple exercise will help bring you back to the present moment, calming your nerves and your monkey-mind.
- Gather all of your thoughts of worry, fear and anxiety and visualize dropping them down your body into the earth as you invite beautiful white light and/or color to enter your crown (top of head) spilling into every cell in your body.
- Keep breathing in the peace of this light and/or color until you can feel calm radiating throughout your entire body.
- Only from this place of calm will you actually be able to feel your greatest gift– gratitude. Welcome and embrace your gratitude. Give it space. Tissue Alert!
You have just centered yourself, bringing your heart and brain into coherency. From this space you will be able to think more clearly and enjoy the love of the season and the gift of today…
Merry Christmas ~
I’m including this profound 6 minute life-changing gratitude inspiration as my holiday gift to you.. Gratitude Video click here
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a gentle and effective system of clearing self-sabotage and limiting beliefs from your energy system—this frees you to create a life you love!
Sign up for this newsletter at www.EFTSoulPath.com
Putting yourself first has gotten a bad rap because it’s so often equated with being selfish. As ‘ good Christians’ we’ve been brainwashed to believe that self-love and heaven just don’t mix! Actually, I think the concept of self-empowerment or self-love was just a bit too threatening for the good old boy’s club–just my opinion! You laugh, but these beliefs are deeply embedded in our psyches. As much as we’d like to deny them, old remnants remain.
I would like to clarify the distinction. Self-love is self-empowerment. I believe this is what we’re here on earth to learn and to teach. Self-love means that you value your worth as a spiritual being having a human experience. Self-love means that you realize that you must put your oxygen mask on first. Self-love is our highest expression, our highest privilege and our highest responsibility.
- I treat myself like I would treat a favorite loved one: adult, child or pet
- I speak only words of love and support to myself
- I give myself plenty rest, sleep and a good diet
- I maintain good boundaries with others
- I know my “no’s” and I know my “yeses”
- I am authentic. I speak up for myself
- If you don’t approve of me, it’s not my business
Lack of Self-Love (selfish) Implies:
- I put others before me because I fear they won’t like me
- My words and actions are often fueled by ‘not good enough’
- I feel like I have something to prove
- I secretly carry the belief that if others knew me they wouldn’t like me
- I should sacrifice because that’s what I was taught
- Hard work makes me a worthy person
- I get ‘points’ in heaven for being a martyr
- To be unworthy qualifies me for ‘Sainthood’
- That I can blame then incubate resentment
- At the heart of my giving is the belief that I am not enough.
I invite you to have fun with this as you examine which beliefs resonate with you. Don’t beat yourself up about it. Just use your best sense of humor. Remember, you can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.
Listen to “Why You Should Put Yourself First” with Oprah and Iyania VanZant
Loving yourself is a practice and a process. Know that it is often two steps forward and one step back. That’s okay. Just remember to resist beating yourself up when you fall on your face. Give yourself kudos and chose again.
Self love is a great topic to tap on. Please email me if you would love help getting started. I’m here for you…